    - I am about to suggest he use FDISK to make the partition active

    - he try to rewrite the MBR - can't remember how to do that.

    Any further thoughts or corrections of mine?

    Geoff Pearson, Mar 22, 2008

  2. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    If using XP...
    just boot with the cd and from the repair console issue the command:
    fixmbr

    philo, Mar 22, 2008

  3. Thanks - that gets the MBR fixed; are my other thoughts about right?

    Geoff Pearson, Mar 22, 2008
  4. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    Yes, the clone should have been bootable but sometimes the mbr does not get
    cloned.

    Try the fixmbr command and see what happens
    there should be noting else to do it the drive was otherwise cloned properly

    philo, Mar 22, 2008
  5. Geoff Pearson

    VanguardLH Guest

    Have your friend post here to describe what actually happens.

    VanguardLH, Mar 22, 2008
  6. I will report back - he is 200 miles from the PC at the moment.

    Geoff Pearson, Mar 22, 2008
  7. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    philo, Mar 22, 2008
  8. Geoff Pearson, Mar 22, 2008
  9. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    Good, then you can remotely administer the fixmbr command <G>

    philo, Mar 22, 2008