    problems with this vs making an image from a boot disk?

    thanks in advance.

    jtw

    jtw, Jul 31, 2003

  2. jtw

    Brian H¹© Guest

    jtw said:
    Having your OS running and being online are not the same thing.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    I don't trust them for WinNT class OSes.

    Do consider that there's files that the OS won't let anything else
    touch ... and if the OS is running, then you can't get to them.

    Besides, what if something changes while the backup is running
    (always a problem if you don't just start it up and walk away)? And, I can
    back up a GHOST image to CDs not much slower, if ANY, than I can do a
    disk/disk copy ...

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 31, 2003
  4. jtw

    Brian H¹© Guest

    But a printer is a peripheral, is it not, and is therefore online to the OS?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 31, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    OS?

    And what if there's no OS on the system it's connected to? Look
    again at the buttons on larger laser printers and on dot-matrix printers?

    Hint: The phrase "is online" predates the Internet by quite a few
    years ...

    "The generators are now online" means that they're accessible and
    can feed the grid ... was a phrase that even Edison used!

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 31, 2003