    with the cursor flashing in the top left hand corner.

    Can anyone help ??

    JD

    John \O\, Oct 30, 2003

  2. John \O\

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Boot with an XP CD, go to the recovery console and try:

    Fixboot
    FixMBR

    In that order, then restart and see if she flies or not.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 30, 2003

  3. John \O\

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    This is unnecessary when you are writing a working image to the new drive.
    The image contains all the partitioning information already.
    Everyone is not you
    I don't understand the relavence of this to anything. The OP's 12 gig
    drive was imaged to a 40 gig drive and stuck back in the same machine. Are
    you suggesting that when they imaged a drive from an XP machine and stuck
    the imaged drive back in there that it was using a different filesystem
    now? Or are you suggesting that XP doesn't read NTFS?
    Nothing personal, but one who posts IN ALL CAPS CONSTANTLY and uses phrases
    like V2003 SUPPORTS NTFS SYSTEMS TOO should stick to getting computer
    advice instead of giving it.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 30, 2003
  4. John \O\

    John \O\ Guest

    I have formatted the drive and have Norton so will probably try with that
    and see if I succeed.

    Cheers

    JD

    John \O\, Oct 30, 2003
  5. John \O\

    Snooky Guest

    DID YOU FDISK AND FORMAT THE NEW DRIVE FIRST ??

    NORTON GHOST CREATES IMAGES BEST FOR ME I FIND.

    V2003 SUPORTS NTFS SYSTEMS TOO

    GOOD LUCK

    Snooky, Oct 30, 2003