    I'm really heartsick over the loss of this animal, and Barbaro's
    euthanasia today just wounds me all over again.

    Thanks for any help!

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007

  2. Another possibility is letting others have a crack at working on
    them.

    If you can post them to a web site, or to a binary newsgroup,
    and then post a message here indicating where they are, my guess
    is that more than one or two people might download them and see
    what they can do.

    Floyd L. Davidson, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Richard DeLuca

    Mark² Guest

    E-mail them to me, and let me post them for you.
    Then perhaps others here could try a bit of work on them in Photoshop.
    My e-mail works...provided that you assume the "lowest even number" is 2.
    :)

    Mark², Jan 30, 2007
  4. That's a good suggestion. if some here would be so kind as to help, they
    would have my gratitude. Someone wanna suggest a binary group for me to
    post them on?

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007
  5. Richard DeLuca

    Mike Russell Guest

    Binary groups are slow and not available on all news servers. There are any
    number of free photo hosting sites - Flickr.com is among the best but there
    are others. You are also welcome to post it to the curvemeister discussion
    forum, where several people will give it a try.

    Mike Russell, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Richard DeLuca

    Rudy Benner Guest

    I love cats too, I do not know why, they are so contrary.

    I would be happy to post them on my server, that way others can have a look
    for you.

    email me; rudy @ rudybenner dot com

    Rudy Benner, Jan 30, 2007
  7. In article <>,

    Thanks Rudy,

    I'll drop you a line.

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007
  8. Thank you Mark,

    I'll send you three or four if you don't mind. I can't thank you enough.

    Best Regards,
    Rich

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007
  9. In article <ovxvh.39759$>,

    Mike,

    Thanks. I first tried to get to www.curvemeister.com/forum/
    on Safari- didn't work. Firefox works fine however. Do I post the
    images to "Got an interesting image?"

    Best Regards,
    Rich

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007
  10. Richard DeLuca

    Rudy Benner Guest

    http://rudybenner.com/utility/cat

    Rudy Benner, Jan 30, 2007
  11. Richard DeLuca

    Mike Russell Guest

    Ouch - I'll fire up the old G4 and see about this Safari problem. Meantime,
    yes, post it to the interesting image section.

    Mike Russell, Jan 30, 2007
  12. This delightful animal (Yum Yum was her name) was found along with four
    brothers and sisters and their mother one late winter day about five
    years ago. The kittens were about 12-14 weeks old at the time, really
    wild, and living behind an abandoned property. I got mom spayed and
    found homes for her and three of the kittens, keeping Yum Yum and one of
    her brothers. None of the kittens look alike, or like mom, if you can
    believe it. Our veterinarian at the time said that she couldn't believe
    how feral they were, and that maybe they would never make good pets- she
    couldn't have been more wrong. Yum Yum was the nicest animal I've ever
    known.

    Yum Yum looks totally siamese and her brother is just a domestic
    shorthair tigercat. The two have been inseparable.

    I first noticed on Christmas eve that Yum Yum wasn't eating well, which
    was odd because she always had a good appetite. After several visits to
    the veterinarian and a major veterinarian college, they discovered three
    tumors in her chest, and we were forced to put her to sleep on New
    Year's eve. I couldn't believe how rapidly she deteriorated in those
    few days. Her brother was tested completely at the same time, and is
    perfectly healthy. I'm grateful for that- I can't imagine losing them
    both. And just in case anyone here thinks cats are dumb, let me tell
    you that her brother is as lost as I am..........:-(

    I had just bought a decent digital camera a couple of months earlier,
    and had even taken what I regard as some nice pictures of her brother- I
    just hadn't been able to get to her yet. And once I discovered she was
    sick, I couldn't think of pictures any more. The only photos I have are
    a few I took of her as a kitten with a borrowed digital camera that
    wasn't capable of real photos.

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007
  13. I'll do that- thanks Mike!

    Richard DeLuca, Jan 30, 2007
  14. Richard DeLuca

    Mark² Guest

    I got your pics, and will post them shortly.
    You're right...that their resolution and clarity will pose some challenges,
    but I think you could get some decent 5x7s out of some of these with a
    little work.

    Stand by for an URL...

    Mark², Jan 30, 2007
  15. Richard DeLuca

    Mark² Guest

    Here's the URL for your kitty images.
    Anyone care to take a shot at these?
    http://www.pbase.com/markuson/richard_delucas_cat
    :)

    -Mark²

    Mark², Jan 30, 2007
  16. Richard DeLuca

    Mark² Guest

    They're already up here:
    http://www.pbase.com/markuson/richard_delucas_cat
    :)
    The more the merrier...

    Mark², Jan 30, 2007
  17. Richard DeLuca

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Jan 30, 2007
  18. Richard DeLuca

    Mark² Guest

    Go here:
    http://www.pbase.com/markuson/richard_delucas_cat
    I just put them up on my pbase account...

    Mark²

    Mark², Jan 30, 2007
  19. If you would like to send me what you have, I can see what I can do for you.
    You can send them to: twenty_bucks(at)hotmail(dot)com.

    Please replace the (at) with @ and the (dot) with .

    Thanks,

    ljc

    Little Juice Coupe, Jan 30, 2007
  20. I did some work with old web-resolution images off various people's
    computers for the memorial of a friend late last year. Ordinary "photo
    restoration" techniques can do quite well. Your odds for getting a
    decent 4x6 print, with work, are actually quite good.

    If they are decent but small jpegs, I'd play with some modest
    upsampling, maybe step-upsampling, and get the curves *just right*, and
    see what they'd print as.
    I am amazingly emotional about the silly little beasts. They really get
    their hooks into my heart.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jan 30, 2007