making a cat5 cable (useful little thing)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jameshanley39, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. no question here. just a post that may be of some use to some.

    had a kit
    sitecom network installation kit 1
    it had all required stuff.

    one really useful thing was
    "jacket cable stripper" TB 110. It was just a little plastic thing
    Good for stripping cable insulation off to reveal stranded wires
    (without touching the wires) (stranded wires don't get stripped, I
    think the crimping tool does it a little bit in the connector)

    can find similar things on google images.
    http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4729/imag0035bt3.jpg (note- steps
    1-4 were the relevant ones for me at the time, they worked nicely)

    http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9004/imag0036tv2.jpg

    some links
    making cat5 cable
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/cat5_cables_.htm