    data and programs instead of for pix.

    Thanks
    Mike

    Michael P Gabriel, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Michael P Gabriel

    Graham Guest

    I believe you need hardware to do this...
    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fcfa.html

    Graham, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Michael P Gabriel

    Graham Guest

    Graham, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Michael P Gabriel

    zog Guest

    so long as your computer can be made to boot off other devices, my
    motherboard for example can be made to boot from the usb card reader if I
    wanted, a friend who is sysop has set up a usb pendrive as a boot disk,
    simple, plug that into one of the desktop system he looks after, boots
    the pendrive so he can repair/recover the system, floppies are dead.

    you just format the card as a bootable drive, and then just put the files
    and programs you want on the drive.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...p/html/xetbsconfiguringcompactflashdevice.asp

    zog, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Michael P Gabriel

    Dave Cohen Guest

    What advantage would that be over 30 cent cd-r with additional 700 mb space
    available for other files. Note - to access those other files you will need
    to make sure the correct dos cd support files are on the boot image you use.
    Dave Cohen
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...p/html/xetbsconfiguringcompactflashdevice.asp

    Dave Cohen, Feb 14, 2004
  6. Michael P Gabriel

    Webrosita Guest

    Just create a bootable Floppy or CD with the operating system and then copy it
    to a Flash card.
    I am not sure how you get the BIOS to include the Flash Card in the boot
    sequence but it definitely is an interesting question.

    Webrosita, Feb 15, 2004
  7. Michael P Gabriel

    Nibbler Guest

    could be tricky, your system bios would have to support booting from usb, or
    whatever your card interface is. What device do you plan to boot? (file
    storage and a boot disk are not quite the same)

    Nibbler, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Michael P Gabriel

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mine seem to have boot sectors on them, at least that is what my
    diskeeper 7.0 says.
    I use mine for data all the time, in addition to pictures.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 19, 2004