    macguy Guest

    how do you make win xp cd bootable? i copy from it to hard drive, the files,
    then bur, not bootable.

    macguy, Oct 26, 2003

  2. macguy

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    If you copy it to the hard drive it will not be an exact duplicate, thus
    all the bootable information is not copied (it isn't stored in a file, so
    it doesn't get copied to the hard drive). There are ways to do it
    manually, but they take a lot of time, so I'd suggest you just use the CD
    to copy, or copy the CD to an image (.iso) and use that to burn the CD.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 26, 2003

  3. macguy

    Roy Guest

    Don't know how to do a CD directly, but MS has page that sets you up
    with a bootable floppy (actually 6 floppies). It claims to enable your
    CD to get you up and running.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    Roy, Oct 26, 2003
  4. macguy

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    That's a long boot up time. Just boot off a 98 CD or startup disc with CD
    drivers, change to the CD and run setup from there. Unless XP was changed,
    you have to run WINNT.EXE that is located in the i386 folder on the CD.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 26, 2003
  5. macguy

    macguy Guest

    What i am doing os making an unattend install and need to make a new cd for
    my win xp. i found out how tho i think, use iso buster to get the boot image
    from the cd and it will be made on my new cd i guess.

    macguy, Oct 26, 2003