    connect other wireless devices to the internet.

    Can someone please explain to me how to do this

    Thanks!

    GMAN, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 29, 2007

  3. GMAN

    GMAN Guest

    I already read that article but its not working correctly. I have the ad hoc
    network working but I cannot get internet access on any client computer.

    GMAN, Jan 29, 2007
  4. GMAN

    David Hettel Guest

    It would be most helpful to give some real information, like IP address,
    error messages, test that you have done. As it is it could be any number of
    things. Can you ping from one computer to another?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 29, 2007
  5. Hi

    Try it first with one client computer, make sure that there is a valid
    connection by pinging from one computer to the other.

    Just seeing a statement in the Wireless menus that you see another Wireless
    does not mean that you have a valid connection.

    Otherwise, you have to look at the Network settings and give more info.
    Just by stating that it does not work, there is no knowing where to start
    repairing. ( http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html ).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 29, 2007
  6. What kind of wireless network adapter, make and model?
    Apart from the very good article on www.microsoft.com others have
    already mentioned, there are wireless adapters with client software from
    ZyXEL that have built in access point capability - only with WEP
    encryption though.

    Axel Hammerschmidt, Jan 29, 2007
  7. Hi
    If more hardware is needed, it is better to buy a real Access Point, or a
    Router to be used as a Router or as an Access Point (
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html ).
    There are Wireless Routers on sale for less than $10 (see this week
    CompUSA).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 29, 2007
  8. Oh I agree. However, the OP did not mention his adapter model, so maybe
    he already has a software access point - if it's a ZyXEL or other
    adapter that comes with a similar client.

    Axel Hammerschmidt, Jan 29, 2007
  9. GMAN

    rfhone leung Guest

    Hi,
    May be this can Help,
    http://registryfix123.com/
    However, if you need an elaborate Network you are much better of with a Wireless Router.

    GMA wrote:

    Make PC wireless access point
    28-Jan-07

    Ok heres my setup..

    -I have a computer connected to a wired network in my hom
    -It conntects to the internet via the wired networ
    -This computer has a wireless network adapter in addition to the wired on

    I want to use the wireless adapter to create a wireless access point for my
    house without buying a wireless router. I want to share the internet
    connection from the wired network over the wireless adapter so that I can
    connect other wireless devices to the internet

    Can someone please explain to me how to do thi

    Thanks!

    Make PC wireless access point
    Ok heres my setup..

    -I have a computer connected to a wired network in my hom
    -It conntects to the internet via the wired networ
    -This computer has a wireless network adapter in addition to the wired on

    I want to use the wireless adapter to create a wireless access point for my
    house without buying a wireless router. I want to share the internet
    connection from the wired network over the wireless adapter so that I can
    connect other wireless devices to the internet

    Can someone please explain to me how to do thi

    Thanks!

    Re: Make PC wireless access point
    May be this can Help,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.msp
    However, if you need an elaborate Network you are much better of with a
    Wireless Router
    Jack (MVP-Networking)

    :

    It would be most helpful to give some real information, like IP address, error
    It would be most helpful to give some real information, like IP address,
    error messages, test that you have done. As it is it could be any number of
    things. Can you ping from one computer to another

    --
    David Hette

    Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for everyon
    to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me i
    E-mail or news groups

    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Progra
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.co

    DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any kind
    either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy, reliabilit
    or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct
    indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of, o
    inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and confer
    no rights

[...]

    he already has a software access point - if it is a ZyXEL or other
    adapter that comes with a similar client.

    re
    You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

    Win A Free License of SandDock for Silverlight
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...free-license-of-sanddock-for-silverlight.aspx

    rfhone leung, Jul 28, 2010
  10. GMAN

    rfhone leung Guest

    Hi,this website may help you,
    http://registryfix123.com/
    If you have any question,you can call me!

    GMA wrote:

[...]

    ASP.NET Providerless Custom Forms Authentication, Roles and Profile with MongoDb
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ntication-roles-and-profile-with-mongodb.aspx

    rfhone leung, Jul 28, 2010
  11. GMAN

    smith

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    New york
    thank you for providing such a great and useful informations..

    smith, Aug 7, 2010