  1. Andy Petro

    Andy Petro Guest

    How can I display my main Menu Bar in internet explorer 8

    Andy Petro, Feb 2, 2014

  2. Andy Petro

    Paul Guest

    From the IE8 Help menu item:

    Show the menus in Internet Explorer

    The menu bar can be turned on or off in
    Internet Explorer, here's how to turn them
    on if they are off.

    To display the menu bar temporarily

    Press ALT

    To display the menu bar permanently

    Click the "Tools" button, point to
    "Toolbars", and then click Menu
    Bar.

    To turn the menu bar off, repeat the steps
    above.

    OK, so I tried that in my test setup, and it didn't work.
    It seems the logic around the ALT key is a bit more
    complicated than it should be. I eventually got it working,
    but only after trying the following.

    In this picture, I selected some blank space up in the
    top bar area. (In this picture, I right-clicked where
    I've drawn the red circle, and that menu pops up.)
    You can see the top item "Menu" is not ticked.
    You select it, to change the Menu bar setting.
    Now, you should have a Menu bar.

    http://i59.tinypic.com/fa3imw.gif

    Now, *if* you turn the menu bar on that way, the ALT
    key stops working. If you don't use that context menu,
    and the current status of the Menu bar is "off", *then*
    the ALT key works.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 2, 2014

  3. Start IE.
    Press F11 to toggle between showing or not showing the Title Bar at the top
    until the Title Bar appears.
    Right click the gray area of the Address Bar to the right of the box where
    the address is entered. .
    Select Menu Bar (so there is a checkmark next to Menu Bar).
    Select other bars to appear or not appear as you desire.

    Jeff Strickland, Feb 2, 2014