    The only filter I have on Inbox is "Chinese spam" which looks for "helo"
    in Received-SPF (I can't recall when or why I created that).

    Has anyone else seen this problem?

    Gib Bogle, Oct 23, 2013

  2. Gib Bogle

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Just to confirm -- that is the Trash folder, and not the Junk mail folder?
    No other filters at email account level?
    See "Tools >> Message Filters" and set the "Filters for:" drop-down to
    the email account, not the folder.

    Thunderbird also has an adaptive junk filter, which you won't find at
    "Tools >> Message Filters". See
    I'm not seeing it with my email. But then again I use IMAP not POP, and
    Thunderbird ESR for email.

    Ralph Fox, Oct 24, 2013

  3. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Really? The bizarre thing is that the problem just started with the
    upgrade, but I can't even remember creating that filter - it was
    obviously a long time ago. Anyway I disabled the filter and now the
    mail gets delivered.

    Gib Bogle, Oct 25, 2013

  4. 'helo' string is part of the pop3 handshaking between server and client
    (or possibly SMTP handshaking, I'm not going to check that out right
    now) - I would hazard a guess that the new mozilla has been changed to
    look at ALL header content and not just the subject line, with the
    result you describe.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Nov 2, 2013