    wife as [email protected] and daughter [email protected]

    And this is the problem...sometimes the mail gets through to 1, 2 and 3 but
    mostly it doesn't...sometimes to 2 but not to 1...they can send out but not
    always reach destination..sometimes e's sent to 1 arrive at 2...etc

    Any thoughts what could be the problem...who should he pursue..PCWorld (so
    far most unhelpful), Microsoft (when friend rang MS he couldn't understand
    what the Indian lady was saying), Packard Bell or Wanadoo?...or could it be
    a bug?

    Thanks.

    Pete Brown, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Pete Brown

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Pete Brown came up with the following;:
    Sounds like his email server is playing silly buggers. I'd chase up whoever
    he gets his email from and who he sends it through.

    Is there a Status page for the ISP and email servers?

    Paul - xxx, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Pete Brown

    Bri. Guest

    In Pete Brown typed...

    If he's using just one account wth Wanadoo, he must set up different
    identities in OE.
    Wanadoo will allow an unlimited number of e-mail addresses to be used
    with an account, by using the same username and just changing the name
    before the '@', as you describe. To keep them separate, so each
    receives only his own mail, the identities must be set up as shown here.

    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/email/creatingmultiple/multipleemailaddresses3_page3.htm#section_4

    The info is at no. 4 "Separate Identities"

    Bri., Nov 21, 2005
  4. Pete Brown

    cineman Guest

    could be due to automated spam filters
    take a look at this site which is about an automated spam filter used by
    many ISP's
    regards
    Cineman

    cineman, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Pete Brown

    Pete Brown Guest

    ---------------
    Thanks for that...I'm not sure if he's just using one account...I suppose he
    is - certainly I know he is only paying one monthly sum to Wanadoo if that
    is what you mean.
    From the following information perhaps you would know...
    His accounts aren't just strictly different BEFORE the @ in the e-mail
    address.....
    His account details are actually:-

    ....and when he's finished his logs on...he/wife then needs to close down his
    logging on page by doing Start/Log Off/Switch User/Wife and then wife fires
    up.
    Hope that info helps?
    Cheers.

    Pete Brown, Nov 21, 2005
  6. Pete Brown

    Bri. Guest

    In Pete Brown typed...
    The part of the address after the @ is the username
    eg "xxxx.wanadoo.co.uk"
    and must be registered with Wanadoo, as a separate account.
    You cannot change this without setting up another account.

    The bit before the @, however, can be anything you fancy.

    Bri., Nov 21, 2005
  7. Pete Brown

    old man Guest