Mail Server Spammed POP3 no longer working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steve, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    Someone somehow figured out how to bypass my security on my email server and
    used it for spam.

    I've cleared all the spam in the outbox, but there was a lot of spam sent
    during the middle of the night when I was unable to monitor the situation.

    Now my POP3 account doesn't seem to be responding, whenever I send messages
    nothing shows up in the POP3 accounts on the server. I've closed off the
    SMTP on the server for the time being, I've also cleared the log file and
    looked thru the log file, and its no longer processing the spammed messages,
    but my POP3 account is still not working.

    Does anyone know what's happening to the emails, I didn't receive any

    Are they stuck someone where in cyberspace, is it possible the spam is
    somehow still clogging up the system.

    Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Steve, Sep 16, 2004

  2. What server are you using, and are you using third party filters?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 16, 2004