    I do not want to remove it, just in case I need it someday, but I
    don't want it to keep connecting, either. What could be causing this
    behavior??

    Anon, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Anon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Anon continued:

    > On my Win XP, SP1, machine, I have a DSL connection to the 'net. I
    > have also kept on my computer the dialup connection I used to have,
    > just in case I need it, but I never use it.
    >
    > Ever since downloading SP1 and a host of other updates the other day,
    > a strange thing has been happening. When I retrieve mail by POP3,
    > that dialup connection tries to connect. If I cancel it, a moment
    > later it will try again.
    >
    > I do not want to remove it, just in case I need it someday, but I
    > don't want it to keep connecting, either. What could be causing this
    > behavior??

    Have you checked your accounts options ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Anon

    °Mike° Guest

    What mail program? Xnews? OE?

    Have you tried Control Panel / Internet Options / Connections.
    Check 'Never dial a connection' / Apply / OK.

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:56:49 GMT, in
    <BEbkb.2$>
    Anon scrawled:

    --