    it in slows me down and bugs me.

    Thanks!

    NorCalIC

    NorCalIC, Aug 10, 2004

  2. NorCalIC

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Wow!? Are you really using:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530

    .BRIAN., Aug 11, 2004

  3. NorCalIC

    NorCalIC Guest

    Nope, it's 1.7.2

    I just noticed that it comes up 1.0.0 and have no idea why. Oh well, it
    works. It's current and that's all I care about.

    NorCalIC

    NorCalIC, Aug 11, 2004
  4. NorCalIC

    Moz Champion Guest

    Unless you have spoofed the UA, it should reflect 1.7 at a minimum, not
    1.0. This brings into question whether or not the upgrades you made
    'took'. From here, it certainly doesnt appear 'current'

    In any case, the behavior continues on 1.7, in that the 'option' for
    alternate text is the default. And no, I know of no UI nor prefs setting
    that can alter this, I am unable to locate a bug or enhancement request
    on the matter as well.

    The issue does match the 'help' file on the subject, in that alternate
    text is the 'preferred' arrangement to assist those with text only
    browsers or those with images turned off. It may be a matter for
    settings outside the prefs or UI.

    Moz Champion, Aug 11, 2004
  5. NorCalIC

    NorCalIC Guest

    OK, now I'm curious. I started looking a little more carefully and
    here's what I have:

    - The Title Bar says: Mozilla 1.7.2 - Mozilla
    - Help ==> About Mozilla says: Mozilla 1.0.0 Mozilla/5.0
    (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530
    - But when you click the link "Mozilla 1.0.0 Mozilla/5.0" it goes to
    http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.2/ which are the release
    notes for 1.7.2

    As far as I can tell I'm running 1.7.2.

    Weird stuff.
    I thought that might be the case but I wanted to check with the
    community to see if anyone knew of a work around JIC.

    Thanks!

    NorCalIC, Aug 11, 2004