Mail Enabled Users - disabling user account - stop receipt of mail

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by PJR, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. PJR

    PJR Guest

    Just revising for 70-284 and my reference book (MS Press Book) states that
    you can use mail enabled users as follows to give contracters email addresses
    in your organization:

    Create an AD user account and associated exchange mailbox in your org

    Disable the user account but configure a mail forward the contracters
    personal external address

    Is this possible - i thought that when you disable a users account any mail
    coming in to the associated SMTP address is bounced??

    Thanks

    Paul

    PJR, Sep 27, 2005