    happy to know that I'm not recording to VHS and don't even know if the
    record function on these units works. Have a good day.

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 8, 2003

  2. I'm not the one who has to live with myself after stealing someone else's work.
    You could watch your DVD' on your TV with just a DVD player. They've been out for a while now.

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 8, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Well ya see, I know you know nothing about low-end 19" TV's that fit in a
    small apartment, but most of them don't have A/V inputs and therefore won't
    connect to the DVD player directly. One needs a device to convert A/V to RF
    on channel 3 or 4 of the TV broadcast band. This requires either an RF
    modulator or a VCR that isn't bothered by macrovision. I chose the latter.
    From a purist's standpoint, macrovision is a bad thing. It is a documented
    fact that it can and does degrade the quality of viewing on many TV's and
    older VHS tapes can become unviewable because of it. When a company or
    organization chooses to sacrifice quality in favor of anti-theft devices,
    something has gone very wrong.

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Chris

    Biz Guest

    You're right somethign has gone very wrong...its called piracy.

    Biz, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Yep, something's gone wrong, alright. But it isn't with the companys or organizations.

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 9, 2003
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I agree. Piracy is a problem but copy protection never works. Those who are
    determined to produce pirated copies of music, movies, or software will find
    a way. The rest of us are the ones who are hassled by it.

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 9, 2003

  7. The 'rest' of us? Sorry, dude, but you're included in the first group.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 9, 2003
  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Go F*ck yourself up the A$$ with a rusty chainsaw.

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 10, 2003
  9. That's what I told your mother, but she wouldn't listen until it was too
    late! At least she eventually got the message and switched to blow jobs
    only for the local high school football team. Go Mom!!!!

    Ura Dippschitt, Oct 10, 2003
  10. Chris

    GMAN Guest

    Suprised anyone would want to live with you.

    GMAN, Oct 27, 2003