  1. guy thornton

    bowgus Guest

    VCR ... what's that?

    bowgus, Oct 17, 2003

  2. guy thornton

    Biz Guest

    VCR's? You must be just about out of a job then? And all your VCR's would
    still be affected by MV, since they must recognize the signal to be legal
    for sale. So how would you use one of your VCRs to watch a commercial VHS
    tape connected to your $5800 tv that wont playback videos correctly if MV is
    present? How much money did you waste on some type of MV stripper(or TBC
    type device) to go with your $5800 POS tv? Making the cost of that tv even
    higher in reality.

    Biz, Oct 17, 2003

  3. guy thornton

    buck Guest

    The one DvD player I have with "cracked" MacroVision is fed to a
    monitor through an svideo "patch-box-matcher" to make it switchable with
    several other svideo sources, and MacroVision doesn't make the grade
    (something in the in the bowels of the box pukes when it gets the
    altered sync).

    I can think of a dozen reasons to switch off the MacroVision in a
    disk/tape and NONE of them have to do with making a copy of a DvD or
    tape.

    I also own several players that DONT have the MacroVision
    disabled. They are hooked to devices that aren't sensitive to the
    screwed up sync signals.

    You really can't assume that someone is a pirate just because
    he/she wants to turn off the Macrovision..

    buck, Oct 17, 2003
  4. guy thornton

    ThePunisher Guest

    I don't remember saying I paid $5800 for my TV maybe you should learn to
    read.

    ThePunisher, Oct 17, 2003
  5. guy thornton

    ThePunisher Guest

    Well top posting gimp, we also make DVD players, DVD/VHS combi players, DVD
    recorders, DVD/hard drive combi, VHS/TV combi, DVD/TV combi, Satellite cable
    and terrestial STBs, plasmas, and lcd TVs

    Also, gimp boy, I disabled the macrovision in the service menu, BTW what
    sort of tv do you have?

    ThePunisher, Oct 17, 2003
  6.
    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Evidently it's something that a SENIOR ENGINEER requires to make his $5800 TV work!!! LOL!!!

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003

  8. Let me refresh your memory exactly as you wrote it:

    "Well I'm a senior engineer for Europes biggest VCR manufacture (which makes
    me an expert) and I'll tell you now, that CAndersen (Kimba) is totally
    correct. And you're an asshole who really doesn't have a clue, all my video
    equipment is macrovision free because my TV doesn't accept any macrovision
    signal, and before you start with the "get better equipment" crap my TV cost
    $5800 how much was yours."

    SpeedByrd PhD

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003

  9. It's not about 'sort of tv' Mr. Senior Engineer, more like,
    what does the fact that you overpaid for your audio equipment have to do with cracking macrovision?

    SpeedByrd PhD

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003
  10. guy thornton

    Biz Guest

    You moron. Thats exactly what you wrote less than 3 hours ago.......

    You dont recognize a quote from your post of just a few hours ago?

    Biz, Oct 17, 2003
  11. My Barco won't play Macrovison, thus I use a macrovision box. That
    Barco cost $15,000. I paid about $200 for it at auction. Punisher
    has a TV that cost $5800, he didn't pay that for it however. It's
    SpeedyBird and Biz that obviously don't have command of written
    English.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 17, 2003
  12. How do you know what he paid? He said he paid $5800. I very much have command of the English language enough
    to know you AND Punisher are full of shit.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003
  13. I'm probably doing something I'll regret now, but he did not say he
    paid $5800, he said it "cost $5800", not that he paid that.

    Thomas

    Thomas Tornblom, Oct 17, 2003
  14. Oh, so now I see!

    Removing the region code protection stuff is OK for you, despite the
    fact that it was put there to stop people from watching movies in
    certain areas of the world. And removing it has no other purpose than
    to circumvent the copyright holders intentions.

    Removing Macrovision, on the other hand, which will allow some to
    watch paid for movies, in the correct region, is not OK.

    You are nothing more than a hypocrite, but most of us knew that
    already.

    Thomas

    Thomas Tornblom, Oct 17, 2003

  15. It's not to circumvent anything.

    Then you are free to go.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>, Oct 17, 2003
  16. He is in fact stealing by his own rationale. An example would be
    Columbia Tri-Star has paid Kino(EUrope) for distribution of a film in
    America. So if he chooses to buy the Kino R2 release he is stealing
    from CTS as they paid the right for North American sales.

    This is the primary reason for region coding . But he bypasses it to
    suit his own desires.

    H E Pennypacker, Oct 17, 2003
  17. guy thornton

    Skid Guest

    Skid, Oct 17, 2003
  18. guy thornton

    TCS Guest

    Then you should have absolutely no reason to change the region settings
    on a player.

    hypocrite.

    TCS, Oct 17, 2003
  19. guy thornton

    ThePunisher Guest

    Let me refresh your memory exactly as you wrote it:

    "Well I'm a senior engineer for Europes biggest VCR manufacture
    (which makes
    me an expert) and I'll tell you now, that CAndersen (Kimba) is totally
    correct. And you're an asshole who really doesn't have a clue, all my
    video
    equipment is macrovision free because my TV doesn't accept any
    macrovision
    signal, and before you start with the "get better equipment" crap my
    TV cost $5800 how much was yours."

    SpeedByrd PhD[/QUOTE]

    Yep, my TV cost $5800 not that I paid $5800 for it, you dumb shit.

    ThePunisher, Oct 17, 2003
  20. guy thornton

    ThePunisher Guest

    There's nothing to regret about being correct Thomas, My TV is also a Barco
    Monitor, a MultiData DCM 3346 The new cost in 1993 was around $5800 I think,
    I paid $250 for it 2 years ago.

    ThePunisher, Oct 17, 2003