    i am curious to know if it actually works, and if this company is legitimate.

    thanks

    guy

    guy thornton, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Why? You've no reason to crack the macrovision unless you're just stealing.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 15, 2003

  3. Oh, bullshit.

    Macrovision destroys the integrity of the video signal. It creates all
    sorts of artifacts, even in "approved" uses.

    CAndersen (Kimba), Oct 16, 2003
  4. guy thornton

    Biz Guest

    Not on any proper a/v equipment manufactured in the last 5 years it doesnt.
    These responses defending the defeat of mv for supposed "valid" reasons have
    gotten so lame. 99% of the people out there have no need to defeat mv
    beyond their wanting to copy the videos.

    Biz, Oct 16, 2003
  5. guy thornton

    Codswallop Guest

    My JVC VCR is /extremely/ susceptible to MacroVision. On many DVD
    players, it will mess up the brightness/contrast even when /playing/
    DVDs; if recording, it's completely unwatchable.

    I recently purchased a second DVD player which has MacroVision disabled,
    and it works fine through the VCR (TV it's used on only has one
    composite input).

    What about people who have a TV with only an RF input? Most DVD players
    don't have RF outputs, but they can use the VCR as an interim
    "convertor".

    Codswallop, Oct 16, 2003

  6. Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003

  7. Try using equipment that isn't so crappy.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
  8. Get better equipment.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
  9. guy thornton

    TCS Guest

    Oh bullshit. Who made you the expert?[/QUOTE]

    He must look like an expert compared to an idiot like you. It doesn't take a
    genius to have seen a setup with macrovision causing the brightness to
    oscillate.

    TCS, Oct 16, 2003
  10. My eyes.

    CAndersen (Kimba), Oct 16, 2003
  11. guy thornton

    Codswallop Guest

    What would you have me get? A 7.1 surround system with a 60" plasma
    screen for a bedroom? That's where the equipment to which I was
    referring is location.

    Codswallop, Oct 16, 2003

  12. Doesn't if you don't try to copy it!

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003

  13. Get 'em checked.

    If you don't try to copy with macrovision, everything looks just fine. What's the big deal with all the
    'cracking' of the macovision? Watch the disc the way it is.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003

  14. That's up to you. Macrovision isn't your problem. Never has been for me. Of course I'm not trying to
    'copy' (steal) videos, either.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
  15. guy thornton

    guy thornton Guest

    the reason to "crack" is as simple as having a TV with only RF in, and
    having to run the dvd player through a vcr. any macrovision protected
    dvd won't play with this set up. and getting an rf modulator means
    also getting a switcher box, and having to hit a lot of extra switched
    etc, and spending even more money on a system that isn't serving me at
    all right now unless the dvd isn't macrovision protected. unless i
    want to hook up and unhook my vhs and dvd players every time i want to
    watch something.....a bit lame, no?

    i could care less about copying it - it's right there at the video
    store, what do i need a copy for? more crap to store - no thanks.

    but you know what? that wasn't the original question. the question was
    about whether this dvd red pro product is legitimate or not.

    anybody?

    thanks

    guy

    guy thornton, Oct 16, 2003
  16. I see you're ignoring statements to the contrary from other people. Face
    the facts, you're wrong, and Macrovision is wrong.

    I am always amazed at how some people are willing to unquestioningly buy
    the corporate lie that we're all thieves out here in consumer land.

    CAndersen (Kimba), Oct 16, 2003
  17. We've been down this old road too many times.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003

  18. Wrong? Why, because YOU don't like it? Doesn't make it so.
    I'm always amazed at the bullshit that thieves will come up with to justify their dishonesty.

    SpeedByrd PhD

    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 16, 2003
  19. guy thornton

    ThePunisher Guest

    Well I'm a senior engineer for Europes biggest VCR manufacture (which makes
    me an expert) and I'll tell you now, that CAndersen (Kimba) is totally
    correct. And you're an asshole who really doesn't have a clue, all my video
    equipment is macrovision free because my TV doesn't accept any macrovision
    signal, and before you start with the "get better equipment" crap my TV cost
    $5800 how much was yours.

    ThePunisher, Oct 16, 2003
  20. guy thornton

    bowgus Guest

    So you're an "senior engineer" and you paid $5800 for a TV ... figures.

    bowgus, Oct 16, 2003