Macromedia Flash not working right.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Shorty, Oct 23, 2004.

  1. Shorty

    Shorty Guest

    Using Firefox version 1.1 (or 1.01). I have a weather page at hankinnc.com
    that uses Flash. If you go to it with Windows you should see all iof my
    weather instruments and data. However using FireFox some of the data is not
    shown. The items missing seem to be at random. Is this a bug or?

    Hank

    Shorty, Oct 23, 2004

  2. I use the Mozilla suite. Your site works for me. (But why are the
    major division on the barometer at 29.79, 30.09 etc?).

    William W. Plummer, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Shorty

    Shorty Guest

    The program automatically scales the divisions.

    I use FireFox. Is it different from Mozilla? Did you compare my site on
    both Windows and FireFox or Mozilla?

    Thanks, Hank

    Shorty, Oct 24, 2004
  4. Shorty

    .brian. Guest

    What data is missing? The page looks the same to me using IE, Mozilla,
    and FF.

    .brian., Oct 24, 2004
  5. Shorty

    Shorty Guest

    Various items disappear at random. For example Sunset may not appear when I
    connect, next time Sunset will be there but RAIN YTD will be missing and so
    on. Sometimes everything is there. I did download the latest FireFox
    yesterday with no change. Strange,

    Shorty, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Shorty

    Shorty Guest

    I am also having problems with ESPN just with FF. When I click in the left
    boxes NFL Scores, the result is that it looks like everything is written on
    top of other things. Not readable. However with Windows it is OK.

    I had a problem when I first installed Macromedia. I was instructed to
    delete HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Microsoft\Internet Exploer\ActiveX
    Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}].

    I did it, Macromedia worked but it was total Greek to me.

    Hank

    Shorty, Oct 25, 2004
  7. Shorty

    mapmaker Guest

    Shorty,
    I see your site perfectly with my FireFox 1.0 Preview Release, on XP
    Pro Service Pack 2. By the way, I love it! Where can I get one too or
    do I need to program Macromedia?

    For your viewing problems I would suggest you create a new profile in
    FireFox and try that.

    For months, if not years, I have ignored all the advisors saying to
    create a new profile to fix problems but I recently had a problem
    where I could not zoom in or out of a map at yahoo maps. ...Yep, a new
    profile fixed the glitch!

    Try it, if a new profile doesn't fix it, delete the new profile.

    Good luck,
    MapMaker

    mapmaker, Oct 25, 2004