    Thanks
    Chris

    , Sep 28, 2005

  2. Charles Guest

    On 27 Sep 2005 19:43:22 -0700, wrote:

    >I have been experimenting with the macro mode on my Minolta Z1 the last
    >few weeks and have been very happy. I was curious what would happen if
    >i purchased a macro lens in addition to the macro setting on my camera.
    > Would it magnify tht much more or would the photo become blury at some
    >point? Is it just a waste of money?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Chris

    Generally they just let you focus closer and closer until the subject
    touches the glass. that's the limit. Some adapters provide
    additional magnification without using up the working didtance. I
    have a couple, can't find either one now, so I can't give you any
    details.

    I built a super one with a 20X magnifier mounted on a lens cap. Gave
    lots of magnification, no depth of field. Pretty much useless.

    Lighting gets difficult when you get in way close as well.

    Charles, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Charles Guest

    On 27 Sep 2005 19:43:22 -0700, wrote:

    >I have been experimenting with the macro mode on my Minolta Z1 the last
    >few weeks and have been very happy. I was curious what would happen if
    >i purchased a macro lens in addition to the macro setting on my camera.
    > Would it magnify tht much more or would the photo become blury at some
    >point? Is it just a waste of money?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Chris

    Look at the super-macro items on this page.

    http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/S2is/

    Charles, Sep 28, 2005