    point? Is it just a waste of money?

    Thanks
    Chris

    mitchell.chris, Sep 28, 2005

  2. mitchell.chris

    Charles Guest

    Generally they just let you focus closer and closer until the subject
    touches the glass. that's the limit. Some adapters provide
    additional magnification without using up the working didtance. I
    have a couple, can't find either one now, so I can't give you any
    details.

    I built a super one with a 20X magnifier mounted on a lens cap. Gave
    lots of magnification, no depth of field. Pretty much useless.

    Lighting gets difficult when you get in way close as well.

    Charles, Sep 28, 2005

  3. mitchell.chris

    Charles Guest

    Look at the super-macro items on this page.

    http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/S2is/

    Charles, Sep 28, 2005