    specific memory or any kind. Im asking since the machine specific memory is
    so much more expensive. Is there a reason, is it (!) faster??

    Thanks for helpin.

    shaun quigley, Jul 26, 2004

  2. shaun quigley

    TT Guest

    Some machines are more sensitive to generic RAM or top ended RAM than
    others, but for the most part, SONY is ripping you off..try an alternative
    module from a local PC store that's cheaper and if it's recognized by the
    machine, you got it. Even better, there's eBay!!!

    TT, Jul 26, 2004

  3. shaun quigley

    Paul - xxx Guest

    shaun quigley typed:
    Sony would say yes, buy machine specific .. However, I bought 256mb Crucial
    memory for my Sony Vaio laptop and it's fine .. ;)

    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/lis...r=Sony&cat=RAM&model=VAIO+PCG-FX701&submit=Go

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/5heft

    If your laptop isn't a PCG FX701 then you might need the start page .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Jul 26, 2004