    ping =sucessful
    uninstall/reinstall network adapter =sucessful

    Thanks in advance!

    Adam, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Try assigning a fixed ip to the Dell. (choose any one between 192.168.1.2
    and 99) .Use the router's ip as the default gateway (192.168.1.1) and your
    actual primary and secondary dns numbers (these are available on the status
    page of the router which is available when you point your browser to the
    router ip... the default login is user name left blank and for the password
    use admin).

    btb

    Bruce T. Berger, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Thanks for the reply! In my router's settings, it obtains dns
    automatically, therefore, I do not know the dns numbers.

    Adam, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Adam

    George Guest

    Hello friends.
    I had a similar issue, where a Windows 98 PC couldn't access the
    internet, but a Windows XP machine could. I resolved this by turning off
    UPnP. After upgrading the routers firmware, the Windows 98 PC was fine
    with UPnP turned on. The router was a BT Voyager 2100

    George

    George, Nov 21, 2005