Mac LC475 (Quadra 650) plays "beep beep beep beep"

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Uplink, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    I have a Macinoths LC 475 (aka Quadra 650), and I needed more RAM (it only
    had 5MB, not enough to run Appleworks 5) The guy said he needed too see the
    type of RAM I need and got a ram reading "8MB SIMM Module" out (it was in
    there slanted to the left) and then a unknown smaller chip or something that
    had a serial number and "Made in Signapore" There are two smaller chips that
    are grouped together (only 2 slots) and then that SIMM that is away from
    them and only one slot.

    I put back the unknown card and then put in a different 8MB SIMM, and when I
    turned it on it played a different sound (Not the mac beep)

    beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (all getting higher each beep)

    and then beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (all getting lower after each beep)

    And it stays on without any video.

    Should I put the original RAM, or cards back in to the slots? or try the
    other RAM and cards I got

    Uplink, Apr 12, 2006