    Or if a std PC one (ie cheap) would does work?

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Almost any USB or FireWire card will work in a Mac as long as you're
    running Mac OS 9 or later. If you have Mac OS 8.6 you can download
    generic USB card drivers and mass storage class support from Apple.

    These drivers will work for a USB 2.0 card as well, but only at USB 1.1
    speeds. For full USB 2.0 speed you'll need Mac OS X, probably 10.2.x.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Dec 21, 2004
  4. thing

    Mike Dee Guest

    USB 1.1 PCI cards are OK. Requires Mac OS 8.5.1 and later. DS sells one
    fairly cheap. Firewire should be OK, dunno where from tho.

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2004
  5. thing

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2004
  6. thing

    thing Guest

    thanks

    Thing

    thing, Dec 21, 2004
  7. thing

    thing Guest

    thanks

    Thing

    thing, Dec 21, 2004
  8. thing

    thing Guest

    DSE sell firewire/usb combos...as do ascent, problem is finding one that
    works on os9. I tried adding various pci scsi cards with no joy......

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Dec 21, 2004
  10. thing

    Mike Dee Guest

    I was referring to the DS USB 1.1 card only which does have Mac
    compatibility.

    For firewire:

    The Belkin FireWire PCI Card for Macintosh

    System Requirements:
    • For FireWire® PCI Card
    • Mac® OS 8.6 or higher (9.0.4 recommended)
    • 266MHz G3 Processor
    • Available PCI Version 2.1 slot
    • 32MB RAM

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2004