MAC authentication on Aeronet 340

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pharmacy, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Pharmacy

    Pharmacy Guest

    I am setting up a wireless network, and in lieu of a real security
    scheme, I want to use SSID and MAC filtering.

    The SSID works fine, but I can't get the MAC address filtering to work
    - that is, it won't reject clients whose MAC address are not on the
    list.

    I am using firmware version 12.02T1 on the Aeronet 340 and using
    primarily Aeronet 340 clients.

    I have filled in the addresses in the "Address Filter" MAC list,
    answered NO to the "lookup on authentication server", YES to "is MAC
    address alone sufficient..", and changed the Default Unicast Address
    filter to "disallowed" in all cases.

    Still, all my clients authenticate and associate, whether they are on
    the list or not.

    I have scoured the docs - what am I missing ?

    Thanks for your help

    JM
    Dallas, Texas

    Pharmacy, Dec 10, 2003