Mac Authentication - 2nd try - on Aeronet

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pharmacy, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Pharmacy

    Pharmacy Guest

    I am setting up a wireless network, and in lieu of a real security
    scheme, I want to use SSID and MAC filtering. (I will use EAP and
    802.1x and such later)

    The SSID works fine, but I can't get the MAC address filtering to work
    - that is, it won't reject clients whose MAC address are not on the
    list.

    I am using firmware version 12.04 on the Aeronet 340 and using
    primarily Aeronet 340 clients.

    I have filled in the addresses in the "Address Filter" MAC list,
    selected "Allowed", answered NO to the "lookup on authentication
    server", YES to "is MAC address alone sufficient..", and changed the
    Default Unicast Address
    filter to "disallowed" in all cases.

    WEP is NOT enabled.

    Still, all my clients authenticate and associate, whether they are on
    the list or not.

    I have scoured the docs - what am I missing ?

    Thanks for your help

    JM
    Dallas, Texas

    Pharmacy, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Pharmacy

    Jim Matthews Guest

    Replying to my own message in case I am not the only one.....

    Reply "NO" to "is mac authentication alone sufficient"

    Jim Matthews, Dec 16, 2003