M$ reneges on supporting Win98

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Jun 10, 2006.

  1. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Shane Guest

    cant even admit youve been shown up
    Big ego their son
    Google makes anyone look clever
    Furthermore, smoothwall is facing the intarweb, filled with people looking
    to take it down
    The file server is on a lan (ooo look you should have seen that coming)
    Filled with people who stand to lose their jobs/careers if they attempt to
    take it down
    Assumption shows youre an idiot
    Proves what Ive been saying all along
    And it still doesnt as far as Im aware
    And?
    As you cant tell the difference between a company file server and a firewall
    I suggest you go back to google
    Really?
    Are you making a threat?
    FWIW a firewall still needs administration
    But that escapes your brain
    You make out that firewall and router hardware/software sales are minimal,
    now you realise how thick you really are you try and shift the goal
    posts...
    Quote?
    (In context)
    Awww and then you start making little snide comments directed at me in other
    posts.. its so sweet

    Made to look like a fool?
    Mind showing me where?
    IOW you have no answer to the truth
    Thank you for playing, you may grow up now

    Shane, Jun 18, 2006

  2. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Jennings Guest

    Well ...

    Its kinda weird and strange ...

    I told Shane ive been using linux since rh 6.1

    Shane had some kinda massive nervous break down over this issue.

    Then informed me that she had used her mothers nix** pc at work,

    This seemed to put everything right in shanes fragmented world.

    One has to laugh ... what else could you do.

    Jennings

    Jennings, Jun 18, 2006

  3. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Shane Guest

    Ahh call people girls, that shows youre a winner... not
    It was a demonstration of how little your words mean
    I should have just said.. BFD because thats all it was
    Definitely not come up with rational arguments

    Trolling again... got a bite to.. well done

    Shane, Jun 18, 2006
  4. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    shannon Guest

    try google groups for biggles or porkster, you will see he has been
    doing essentially the same troll about 6.1 (2000!) for some time under
    different aliases

    shannon, Jun 18, 2006
  5. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    MaHogany Guest

    And he hasn't indicated which version of Linux he currently is using on a
    daily basis.

    Most likely he isn't using linux at all.

    MaHogany

    MaHogany, Jun 19, 2006
  6. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Jennings Guest

    That shane puts the P in word paranoid.

    How has that install of gentooo been coming along Lennier ?

    Jennings.

    Jennings, Jun 19, 2006
  7. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Shane Guest

    Im flattered you involve me in your fantasys, its especially noticeable
    after you run out of reasoned arguments
    (none of which had any basis in fact also I notice)

    Shane, Jun 19, 2006
  8. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Jennings Guest

    Wasnt my Ego that trashed Waylon.. when you got made to look a fool.

    Or maybe i have used smoothwall at home ...

    Well lets paste what you said ,,,,,

    In amongst your ranting who can tell.

    You live in a dream world if you think the internal threats dont exist
    because of that try *** GOOGLE **

    It was Your ranting paragraph see above ....

    You want to make little snide remarks, and youre all cut up because they
    are returned with interest.

    Subject: Re: M$ reneges on supporting Win98 From: Jennings
    <> Newsgroups: nz.comp Date: Sat,
    17 Jun 2006 20:09:55 +1200

    Wild stab in the dark

    hardware routers
    hardware firewalls

    As you can see i previously said hardware based routers and firewalls ...
    but your to thick to understand

    Most businesses wouldnt piss about with your proposal.

    they would buy those special hardware routers / firewalls.

    Whats left is your small niche that cant afford those items, hence small
    niche.

    Bash head against head board until this sinks in.........

    Summary

    You were babbling about what your pentium 200 could do using a open source
    OS and that no version of windows could run on it.

    Waylon and i pointed out it was meaningless comparison against the foot
    prints of win 2000 / Xp

    You spat the dummy.

    I said that hardware over 4 -5 years just wasn't economical to service /
    repair.

    You shifted the goal posts again , Intels pentium 200 suddenly become the
    hardware that the 250 million users had sitting in their bedrooms.

    I said that its a small niche of that home market > getting that 5 year
    old hardware doing anything of any consequence.

    You stated "
    I suppose next thing you are going to say is 4 of my machines arent
    running *any* os because they dont have desktops, even though they provide
    dns, nfs, ftp, imap, smtp, packet inspection, http, and irc "

    Regarding http, Waylon again pulled ya back into reality again....

    *********************************************************** Ha, may I
    first say.. youre a freakin madman! secondly, static content and not very
    interesting content at that meant it was low traffic with low overhead
    Lets just say, more than 3 hits a day was a big day indeed let alone all
    at once

    Then your web server suddenly became 3 hits a day and was a big deal.

    I think most IT folks would see your initial claim that your pent 200
    could run apache then the 3 hits a day, would then decide your one dumb
    fecking idiot.

    but at least your were finally telling the truth i guess.

    Well your posts, read half of what i say. fly OFF on a wild tangent , or
    mis quote me entirely, amongst meaningless rantings following.

    You do sound like my friends son, who is mild ADD The Ritalin is a
    prescribed drug, but it could save us all from your semi meaningless anal
    babel you claim is fact.

    Jennings.............

    Jennings, Jun 19, 2006
  9. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Shane Guest

    Wasnt my fault Waylon was making snide comments with intent to inflame.. and
    they worked
    As I have already proved, I used unix as a lad, that doesnt make me an
    expert on Unix
    IOW BFD
    Furthermore, whats your point, that a firewall gets patched?????
    That relates to an internal fileserver how?
    IOW you realise youre an idiot
    Youre living in a dream world if you think the machine was compromised in
    its _several years_ of service
    IOW again you realise your mistake
    LMAO
    So you *are* making threats
    Bring it bitch
    Wrong again
    I refer you again to soekris dedicated firewalls, and dedicated routers, and
    cisco
    Gosh, how can they be making *any* money when most companys wouldnt piss
    about

    Oh wait .. they are..
    Purely because you havent seen a network bigger than home, doesnt mean they
    dont exist
    http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2004/fin_020304.html
    Cisco Systems Reports Second Quarter Earnings

    * Q2 Net Sales: $5.4 Billion (14.5% increase year over year; 5.8%
    increase quarter over quarter)
    * Q2 Operating Cash Flows: $1.7 Billion
    * Q2 Earnings Per Share: $0.18 GAAP before accounting change; $0.10 GAAP
    after accounting change

    SAN JOSE, Calif., February 3, 2004 - Cisco Systems, Inc., the worldwide
    leader in networking for the Internet, today reported its second quarter
    results for the period ended January 24, 2004.

    Net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2004 were $5.4 billion, compared
    with $4.7 billion for the second quarter of fiscal 2003, an increase of
    14.5 percent, and compared with $5.1 billion for the first quarter of
    fiscal 2004, an increase of 5.8 percent.

    Damn thats a small niche 20 Billion Per Annum

    Correct
    Well done you finally got it into your thick head
    No, you cried foul because you cant customise Windows.
    Furthemore, thats another reason *Against* windows
    Wrong again
    Hotmail are still using Servers installed >10 years ago
    when, oh thats right..never
    What I did point out is Intel still produce these chips, and still do a
    roaring trade with them
    Wonder whos buying them all.. me?
    Wrong again
    Purely because my hardware is old dosent change the fact that the
    skills/knowledge cant be transferred to brand new hardware
    And guess what.. it does
    Is it not running a webserver now?
    Secondly, have a look at the specs for this webserver
    http://www.ictp.trieste.it/~cfonda/sudan/OSs/references/freeBSD/Yahoo_and_FreeBSD.html
    We've seen over 180 days of uptime on a machine serving over 4 million HTTP
    requests per day. Performance has been impressive too. With disk striping
    using ccd we've been able to serve over 12 million HTTP requests per day on
    a PPro200 with 128MB of memory.

    (ps, thats Yahoo.com that he was running)
    Pity you dont know history then isnt it
    Lets see what BS you try and speel when you read the above
    PKB
    I note you never posted *anything* where Im supposedly losing it over you
    running an old redhat version
    Guess it never happened afterall
    And, you sound like you are transferring your issues onto other peoples
    children, now go take whatever meds you need and it will be all better

    Shane, Jun 19, 2006
  10. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    MaHogany Guest

    Several points:

    1/ "... should HAVE asked ..."

    2/ The perpendicular pronoun is always and without exception capitalised.

    3/ Two full stops at the end of a sentence is one full stop too many.

    MaHogany

    MaHogany, Jun 20, 2006
  11. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    SchoolTech Guest

    If you bought a car that was assembled by parts made by more than one
    company, that were all interchangeable, it would be a whole different
    ballgame.

    If on the other hand you're referring to an Apple Mac, with software
    supplied by Apple, very different from a PC. That is a much better
    analogy to the car.

    SchoolTech, Jun 22, 2006
  12. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Jennings Guest