Luke's Compz0r

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by Flukemanguy, Jul 11, 2005.

?

Is it worth getting a new MoBo for more ram room?

  1. Yes

    96.9%
  2. No

    3.1%
  3. I don't know

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Flukemanguy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    What do you want to do that needs another 1 or 2gb of ram? 3gb has gotta be way too much. I dunno where u are, but around here its about $170-$200 for 1gb stick. Thats in AU dollars aight, so its not as much as you thought :p

    XhArD, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Flukemanguy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    well 1 stick of 512 is about 70 bucks or so... 2 512mbs and a few bucks get u a single 1gb... 2 of those and ur set :p

    unholy, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Flukemanguy

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    I only have 2DIMMS!!! and I don't want to loose memory to gain it, I have a spare 512 and a spare 256, and I want to stick that in with my other 512's!
    I recently just changed lighting, you see, my neon inverter blew up, and Me, M1k30rz, Syndr0m3, and a few other lanners, lit it on fire, so I have changed to RED, Last night I bought 2 Red CCFLs, and 1 120mm Red LED fan (wanted CCFL, but the place didn't have any) , so I will get some pictures up soon! :twisted:

    Flukemanguy, Sep 10, 2005
  4. Flukemanguy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    get a new mobo if u have 2 dimms, u have a 775 for god sakes!

    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  5. Flukemanguy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    You aint gonna need more than 2GB ram in the near future so I don't think you should change your board JUST for ram. It's not a big enough pay off for all the effort. Maybe sell all the RAM you have now and get 2x 1GB sticks and it will cost you less than an entire new mobo ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Flukemanguy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    mobos cost bout 200 bucks... 2gb of ram will cost u 400 bucks.... considering ur getting the stuff at good prices.... and lets not cut out the fact HE HAS A GIGABYTE BOARD!!!!!!!!!! :|, i know they are real crappy

    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  7. Flukemanguy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 10, 2005
  8. Flukemanguy

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes I am thinking of buying a new mobo and cpu, how does AMD 64 sound?

    Flukemanguy, Sep 11, 2005
  9. Flukemanguy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Sounds like a good choice to me :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 11, 2005
  10. Flukemanguy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    to the max max steel :D

    unholy, Sep 11, 2005
  11. Flukemanguy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    wonder who you stole that from :p

    XhArD, Sep 11, 2005
  12. Flukemanguy

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    I can't wait for the new neons to arrive! I really want to see what they look like in my comp.
    A red theme, might look good with the red eyes at the front, might also get annoying at lans while I am trying to concerntrate on the screen, and they are sitting there, bright as hell, looking at me, saying one thing "Cheese....Cheese....Cheese" AHHHHH

    Flukemanguy, Sep 11, 2005
  13. Flukemanguy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    That's why you put a switch in ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 11, 2005
  14. Flukemanguy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    milk doesnt go mould,y it goes lumpy. thatswhere cheese comes into the picture :)

    XhArD, Sep 12, 2005
  15. Flukemanguy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Behold the power of cheese! :)
    I paid $250 for the mobo I used for my last rig about a year ago, when I went to use it, it was bad. I hadda get a new one (Same mobo) cost $75 this year. Ugh! It's an Intel board though. If I were to build it all over again I'd be using an AMD 64 Dual Core puppy now.

    The Modfather, Sep 13, 2005
  16. Flukemanguy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    good plan, sounds like the way to go *thumbs up*
    I would, but im cheap... :(

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  17. Flukemanguy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i am getting a X2 next year... HARA for me :D i want to get a x800xl or sumthing next yr too :D

    unholy, Sep 13, 2005
  18. Flukemanguy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Why? The X800 is getting outdated even now. The GeForce 7800 GTX is the way to go, by far. Unfortunately ATI has slipped way behind NVidia now.

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  19. Flukemanguy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Sadly I have to agree, ATi are letting me down :(

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005
  20. Flukemanguy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    ive got an AGP X700 :( AGP nearly gone now... means ill need new mobo if i want to upgrade :(

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005