    Any ideas or suggestions where to look? I don't know much at all about
    the Superpipe and barely got it working to begin with. It isn't very
    friendly in my opinion.

    Vinny Abello, Dec 3, 2003

  2. I don't recommend that you turn on BACP, but if you really want
    to turn it on on the AS5800, do this (from an old customer
    posting):

    On your int SeX:23 or int DialerX or int Virtual-Access X (wherever you
    put your ISDN PPP configuration, depending on your config), add:

    ppp multilink bap
    ppp bap call accept
    ppp bap link types isdn

    On your Pipleline, set
    Encaps=MP
    and
    PPP options...BACP=Yes

    I don't really have much idea as to why this Superpipe
    would be able to bring up 3 links but not 4. Here are some
    debugs to turn on (obviously challenging on a system
    with 400 users):

    conf term
    no logging console
    logging buffered 1000000 debugging
    service timestamp debug date msec
    calltracker enable
    calltracker call-record terse
    end

    debug isdn q931
    debug ppp negotiation
    debug ppp bap

    (let the Superpipe try to bring up 4 links)

    Then:

    undebug all
    terminal length 0
    (log your terminal session to a file)
    show log

    (in very recent IOS, you can use: "show log | redirect"
    to write the logging buffer directly to an FTP/RCP/TFTP
    server.)

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Has anyone had experience with getting a Superpipe 95 working with any
    ~ Cisco AS? We had two customers using them before with a Portmaster
    ~ using all 4 channels. Now both customers cannot connect more than
    ~ three and I don't know where the problem might lie. With the
    ~ Portmaster, we had to turn BACP off on the Superpipe to bring up the 4
    ~ channel. This same config does not work with the AS5800. We tried
    ~ having the customer turn it back on but that didn't matter either. I
    ~ don't think we have BACP configured at all on our side on the AS5800
    ~ to my knowledge.
    ~

    Aaron Leonard, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Vinny Abello

    Vinny Abello Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    I don't necessarily want to enable bacp either. I'll dig around and
    see what I can find.

    While this is not an Ascend/Lucent group, do you or does anyone else
    happen to know the difference between using MP and MPP on the
    Pipeline? Our users are currently set to MP. It didn't seem to make a
    difference when we had the old setup but I think I set it to MP for a
    reason. I just don't have the documentation anymore that I read way
    back on it.

    Vinny Abello, Dec 4, 2003