    PS
    Sorry for posting to so many newsgroups but I really need to know the answer
    to this question

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), May 18, 2004

  2. One more question:

    Am I getting confused by the physics? In other words, if I have a white
    light source of, say, 1W, will this be detected with the same efficiency by
    both a 3lux colour camera and a 1lux B&W camera? I ask this because I now
    know that lux is a psychometric unit - it takes into account the efficiency
    with which the human eye sees different wavelengths.

    See:

    http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae409.cfm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux

    Thanks,