low fps on high-end rig

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by b, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. b

    b Guest

    hi,

    system is as follows:
    amd dual core 2.2ghz cpu
    2gb ddr 500 ram
    radeon 1800xt
    abit mobo w/ crossfire (doesn't matter)
    windows xp
    all drivers downloaded today (included direct x)

    just set this comp up, started up hl:lc, cs:s, dod:s, and all those games
    are running poorly ... reinstalled ati's catlyst drivers, no help ...

    with all settings on max, lost coast gives me 62 fps (vsync ... or "vertical
    refresh" as i believe it to be known by ati... off) ... and that doesn't
    sound right

    in dod:s, i get around 30fps

    this is all just barely better than the 2 year old system i was playing on
    previously ... there's got to be something wrong; hardware benchmarks done
    by people with systems close to mine say they get about 100+ fps in
    half-life 2 [based] games

    what's wrong?

    please help,

    b, Apr 13, 2006

  2. b skrev:
    Hello,

    try to disable one of the cores for the game process.

    To do that:

    ctrl+alt+del while running the game
    select the proper process (for example hl2.exe)
    unmark one of the processors (you'll fint the checkboxes, just click around)

    It should work now

    Roger Jansson, Apr 13, 2006

  3. b

    Shep© Guest