    message disabled.
    I don't like messing to much with the laptop so is there a simple way to
    stop this message

    Wayne Kerr, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Wayne Kerr

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285107

    Wouldn't it be more prudent to free up some disk space?

    Evan Platt, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Wayne Kerr

    Duane Arnold Guest

    It means that computer's HDD is running out of diskspace to store files.
    You don't mess with the registry for this problem.
    You start deleteing unneeded files off the machine and empty the Trash
    Bin in an attempt gain free disk space back. You might want to run a
    Defrag too.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Wayne Kerr

    padingle Guest

    if your daughter says she doesn't want to delete any files, then
    consider getting a new hard drive for the laptop, or an external
    (mobile, portable) hard drive.

    padingle, Dec 7, 2005
  5. Wayne Kerr

    SUMMONER Guest

    SUMMONER, Dec 7, 2005
  6. Wayne Kerr

    Unk Guest

    If she's getting that notification, she has less than 200MB left... (Time for a bigger drive)

    Disable Low Disk Space Notification in Windows XP
    <http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...sableLowDiskSpaceNotificationinWindowsXP.html>

    You can disable these alerts using the following Windows XP registry settings:
    User Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    System Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

    Value Name: NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
    Data Type: REG_DWORD
    Value Data: (0 = default, 1 = disable messages)

    Unk, Dec 7, 2005