    done, and various programs have been deleted, but it still gives the
    message, sometimes when the computer is just on with no activity.

    Suggestions?

    Gerry Wolf, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Gerry Wolf

    JANA Guest

    ME is known to not be stable over the long term. If you can get Win 98 in to
    your computer, you would be better off. Also, consider XP Home Addition even
    better. On an older computer, you may have to add some RAM to operate
    properly with XP Home.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Has anyone using Windows ME been faced with the message "low disk space" and
    the disk is not
    even half full? Any idea how to free up the unused portions? Defrag has been

    JANA, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Gerry Wolf

    Plato Guest

    Defrag does NOT free up disk space. It merely moves files around.

    Plato, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Ewww ... do you have any IDEA wha construction costs are these days?!!

    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 16, 2006
  5. Gerry Wolf

    Archer Guest

    I totally disagree. I know people using ME for years without any
    problem. IMHO, there 'are' nnoyances with ME and when removed it works
    better than 98SE with a host of new drivers. I have four machines
    doing video, audio editing with the tweaked ME and I have no
    complaint.

    Archer, Aug 21, 2006