    on C drive is only 2% and D drive free space is 95%. but I constantly get
    low space meesage and I can not download anything. please help me on how to
    expand the C drive . Thank you all.

    mohnic, Nov 25, 2004

  2. mohnic

    Thor Guest

    Why did you set the drives up that way? Unless of course, this is the way it
    was from the factory, and then it would be an error in the configuration,
    because the bulk of the space should have been dedicated to C:. I worked on
    a Sony VAIO that was set up in a similar fashion.

    Your options are these:

    1. Get a partitioning program like Partition Magic, and re-size the C:
    partition to a larger size using free space from the D: drive.

    or

    2. Reinstall WindowsXP, and repartition the drive using the options in
    WindowsXP setup. This will erase the data from your drive, so be warned.

    or

    3. Uninstall some of your programs from the C: drive, and reinstall them,
    making sure to specify the D: drive instead. This will put the bulk of the
    program's files on the D: drive. Keep doing this with other programs until
    you get a satisfactory amount of space freed on C: and make sure any future
    programs are also installed on D:.

    Thor, Nov 25, 2004

  3. mohnic

    colin Guest

    Perhaps also shift his paging(swap file) to D:

    colin, Nov 26, 2004
  4. mohnic

    James Baber Guest

    --
    Jim Baber Wrote:
    You have not told us 1 critical piece of information.
    Do you have 2 physical hard disks, or is it just 1 physical
    hard disk split into the 2 logical hard disks?

    Email

    1350 W Mesa Ave.
    Fresno CA, 93711
    (559) 435-9068
    (559) 905-2204 (A no charge Verizon IN cellphone to other
    Verizon IN accounts)
    See our 10kW grid tied solar system at "www.baber.org"

    James Baber, Nov 26, 2004