    on colour photo printing? My other question is, does anyone know how to
    disable the two photo cartridges for printing lower quality colour images?
    Thanks.

    Lewis, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Lewis

    doS Guest

    email me.

    doS, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Lewis

    Max Danife Guest

    Abuse report filed with .

    Max Danife, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Lewis

    Max Danife Guest

    At .

    Max Danife, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Lewis

    doS Guest

    You are about a dumbass.

    doS, Apr 2, 2005
  6. Lewis

    doS Guest

    repoted filed:

    doS, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Lewis

    Barney Guest

    I have a Canon BJC 4100. I use the refills for the B&W only. Simply
    because I print nothing in colour and can use the single cartridge
    option. After about 3 or 4 refills, I do have to buy a new catridge.
    The contacts wear out. Let it sit about an hour after refilling,
    before reinstalling the cartridge.
    A refill package can do about 10 or more BUT the cartridge is not
    designed to be reused often.

    Barney, Apr 2, 2005
  8. No reason why third party refills/cartridges are of lower quality than
    OE. Some of course will be but others not.
    Printers are sold too cheaply - I have heard they are sometimes even
    sold at a loss , and the profitability comes from the expendable
    items.So OE cartridges are expensive.
    I find Printrite and Identinkle refills as close to OE that any
    differences are negligible. The Identinkle refills are guaranteed full
    of ink , it has been known for printers to be sold with partially
    filled cartridges.

    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Apr 2, 2005
  9. Lewis

    BIGEYE Guest

    You are using B&W a lot. Do as I have done, buy a cheap laser printer for
    all your B&W, e.g. Samsung ML1510. Use the R200 for colour/photos. I have
    the R300 and use with compats. no problem.
    Inkjets are the most expensive printers to keep going on ink, whereas lasers
    are the most economical, and better quality B&W print.

    BIGEYE, Apr 2, 2005
  10. Lewis

    Plato Guest

    What does your experience tell you?

    Plato, Apr 2, 2005
  11. Lewis

    Barney Guest

    I will consider that. The Cannon is due for a new cartridge (1 black to
    replace colour & black) and cheapest locally is $48 Canadian. I have
    been advised the new "multi" (scanner/fax/printer) is the way to go.

    Barney, Apr 3, 2005
  12. Lewis

    Barney Guest

    I have no problem refilling but as I stated earlier, the cartridges
    themself can only be reused a few times. The contact points wear out.
    There is a local company that sells the refills all over the world
    and will refill the cartridge for you, if you don't want to do it
    yourself.

    Barney, Apr 3, 2005