    The modem dials up to the Internet OK, it only has a problem in Lotus Notes

    Please Help

    Steve

    Slodge, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Slodge

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Slodge tried to scribble ...
    I found Lotus Notes, when I used it, only had a set number of modems it
    worked with, and therefore only a set number of modem drivers. I used a
    Dell with a Dell PCMCIA card modem but it would only ever connect at 33k
    using a 'basic' or 'standard' modem driver. We found that switching to a
    USR (US Robotics) modem for everyone solved the problem.

    Not much help, really, sorry .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Slodge

    PJB Guest

    problem in Lotus Notes

    The problem was also present in Notes's predecessor,
    CC:mail, use a generic modem driver, try different drivers
    till you find one that works, and if possible, dump Notes
    ;-(
    My company also uses it, and it sucks, big time

    P.

    PJB, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Slodge

    jtw Guest

    Why are you letting Lotus Notes dial the modem? Connect to the
    internet using your dial connection that already works. Then launch
    lotus notes and connect to the server.

    jtw

    jtw, Aug 4, 2003