LOTR: Return of the King Extended Edition, release date?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole, May 20, 2004.

  1. With the theatrical version of Return of the King coming out on DVD this
    coming Tuesday is there any chance that the Extended Edition of the film
    will be out sooner than November? Unless I'm mistaken both previous
    releases of the theatrical versions of "Fellowship" and "The Two Towers"
    were released in in or around July, which means "Return of the King" is
    coming out 2 months earlier so can we expect the EE version in
    September, possibly?

    Thanks.

    Mr. Hole

    http://www.stopfcc.com/

    "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

    NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole, May 20, 2004

  2. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole wrote:
    > With the theatrical version of Return of the King coming out on DVD this
    > coming Tuesday is there any chance that the Extended Edition of the film
    > will be out sooner than November?

    Apparently not. From TheOneRing.net's interview with Matt Lasorsa, New Line
    Home Entertainment¢s Senior Vice President of Marketing:

    Q: When is the Special Extended Edition coming out?
    A: It is scheduled to release just before Christmas 2004.

    --<http://www.theonering.net/features/interviews/mattlasorsa.html>

    doug

    --
    "Ah, but I have secrets; and there's a story in me -- it starts..."
    --Wire

    Douglas Bailey, May 20, 2004

  3. NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

    Alan Figgatt Guest

    NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole wrote:
    > With the theatrical version of Return of the King coming out on DVD this
    > coming Tuesday is there any chance that the Extended Edition of the film
    > will be out sooner than November? Unless I'm mistaken both previous
    > releases of the theatrical versions of "Fellowship" and "The Two Towers"
    > were released in in or around July, which means "Return of the King" is
    > coming out 2 months earlier so can we expect the EE version in
    > September, possibly?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If you want to get the extended edition earlier, move the Xmas
    shopping season up. Since that is difficult to do, figure on the EE
    coming out just before or the week after Thanksgiving.

    Alan Figgatt

    Alan Figgatt, May 21, 2004