Lost Wireless Signal - Speedstream 2624 Wireless Router?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    My setup is a cable modem connected via ethernet cable to Speedstream 2624
    wireless router into it's WAN port. A Thinkpad using Windows 2000 is
    connected via ethernet cable into LAN port #1 on the router. There is
    another Thinkpad (Windows XP) four floors down which has a Speedstream
    wireless card installed. There are three Speedstream powerline signal
    boosting devices on intervening floors. This setup has worked fine for about
    a year until two days ago, when neither Thinkpad started NOT being able to
    get online. The indicator on the task bar shows EXCELLENT signal strength.
    When I connected the modem directly to the nearby Thinkpad I can get online.

    Tried unplugging both the modem and router and rebooting, still no luck.
    Oddly I was able to get online but for only five or so minutes when the
    signal failed again.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    John, Nov 24, 2004

  2. John

    Chris Hunt Guest

    just curious but do you have acces to the program in the router(or access point). go to where it tells you the ip for the intenet conection its geting . try releasing and renewing the ip address. If you go on there and see no ip , that might be your problem.

    Chris Hunt, Nov 25, 2004

  3. John

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Dude - this is a "text only" newsgroup. Please don't post in HTML. Thanks!

    Toolman Tim, Nov 25, 2004