    fine...how can I fix this, please?

    Using winXP home edition.

    thanks in adnavce!!

    the_niner_nation, Nov 29, 2004

  2. the_niner_nation

    Richard Guest

    Many web developers feel that because the right click has an option on it to
    "steal their content", it is disabled.
    What those people don't understand is, I already have the entire page on my
    machine in my temp files.
    I can also click file menu> save as....and do with what I want in an editor.

    Richard, Nov 29, 2004

  3. thanks...but how do i get it back??
    It dosnt work on ANY web pages i visit :-(

    the_niner_nation, Nov 30, 2004
  4. the_niner_nation

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | | > the_niner_nation wrote:
    | >
    | > > Hi..sometimes when im browsing, I like to open links on a web page
    | using
    | > > RIGHT CLICK and then ' open in new window'....but now when I try
    that,
    | > > the new page never loads, but if I LEFT click the link, then it opens
    | > > just fine...how can I fix this, please?
    | >
    | > > Using winXP home edition.
    | >
    | > > thanks in adnavce!!
    | >
    | > Many web developers feel that because the right click has an option on
    it
    | > "steal their content", it is disabled.
    | > What those people don't understand is, I already have the entire page on
    | my
    | > machine in my temp files.
    | > I can also click file menu> save as....and do with what I want in an
    | editor.
    | >

    | thanks...but how do i get it back??
    | It dosnt work on ANY web pages i visit :-(

    Is the mouse button broken? When you right-click in other places (icons,
    desktop, etc.) does the context menu pop up?

    Toolman Tim, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Hi..that was my initial reaction, but the mouse button works just *fine*.
    what actually happens when i 'right click' to open a window is that a window
    does appear, but it is totally blank with no actibity whatsoever, just the
    timer thing, suggesting that the application is 'hanging'.
    This only happens on web pages, and not other applications.

    the_niner_nation, Nov 30, 2004
  6. the_niner_nation

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > | > |

    | > | using
    | > that,
    | opens

    | > it
    | on
    | > | my
    | > | editor.

    | > |
    | > | thanks...but how do i get it back??
    | > | It dosnt work on ANY web pages i visit :-(
    | >
    | > Is the mouse button broken? When you right-click in other places (icons,
    | > desktop, etc.) does the context menu pop up?
    | >
    | Hi..that was my initial reaction, but the mouse button works just *fine*.
    | what actually happens when i 'right click' to open a window is that a
    window
    | does appear, but it is totally blank with no actibity whatsoever, just the
    | timer thing, suggesting that the application is 'hanging'.
    | This only happens on web pages, and not other applications.

    How long have you allowed the system to wait for the menu to fill in? I
    agree - it shouldn't be more than a few seconds. Plus if it never fills in,
    well, that's scary. I've never seen that happen before (but obviously it
    *can* happen <g>). Here's something I found that tells how to turn it OFF,
    maybe it can be turned back ON there too...

    <quote>
    IE Restrictions
    Added 9/20/02

    1.. Start Regedit
    2.. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet
    Explorer \ Restrictions
    3.. Add a DWORD with a name of:
    NoBrowserBars Disable changes to browsers bars.
    NoBrowserClose Disable the option of closing Internet Explorer.
    NoBrowserContextMenu Disable right-click context menu.

    </quote>

    Toolman Tim, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Hi Tim, thnaks for taking the trouble to look into this for me.
    I'm not that confident to play with the registery just *yet*, and as you
    say, it might be a question of 'reversing' the registry in my unfortunate
    case.

    Thanks again, I nkow it must have taken up your time to help me out.

    the_niner_nation, Nov 30, 2004
  8. the_niner_nation

    Gee Guest

    Try this, click start-run- type: "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without brackets and
    with the space) and press OK. Restart IE see if it does work.

    I had similar problem with OE links not opening and this has solved it, it
    should apply to IE as well.

    Gee

    Gee, Nov 30, 2004