    perfect sound.

    Any advice please?

    MJD

    MJD, Dec 23, 2005

  2. MJD

    philo Guest

    you need to installthe drivers for your video card and sound card.
    they should be on the cd that came with those components...

    if you don't have it yu will need to first identify the devices
    (you can either open the case and have a look) or use a utility such as
    hwinfo32
    next...go to the website of the mfg
    or else try www.driverguide.com

    philo, Dec 23, 2005

  3. MJD

    Plato Guest

    You have to find and download and install the drivers for the cards that
    are not working.

    Plato, Dec 23, 2005
  4. MJD

    Plato Guest

    Or, if in the case on the dual boot pc I am using at this moment, all
    the drivers for all the OS's are on a single mobo cd. The cool thing is,
    when I have to use the cd for SE or XP, when it autostarts is
    automagically opens the right driver menu for the OS I need them for.
    Pretty cool.

    Plato, Dec 23, 2005
  5. MJD

    Plato Guest

    Often seems so. Oddly, sometimes not. Even more oddly, often those
    "linux" distros find the drivers automagically.

    Plato, Dec 24, 2005
  6. MJD

    philo Guest

    Yes Linux is getting better all the time...
    I use it a lot when i'm on-line

    philo, Dec 24, 2005