    Can anyone help me with any or all of these questions? I wish I had never
    changed anything. It's such a mess now.
    Bob

    bb, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Your list and rules are still on your old hard drive. Did you export
    them (and all your personal mail/data/documents/photos/etc to some sort
    of external media prior to swapping the drives?

    You might be able to reinstall the old drive as a slave, in which case
    the data might still be available, easily.
    Google is your friend.
    With a bit of logical planning, your swap could have gone very well.
    Plan Ahea

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2005

  3. bb

    bb Guest

    Yes, I guess they are on the old drive. Actually a tech helper did it for
    me. But I do have the back up. Thanks for the link. The email is now
    taking up my whole screen instead of like it used to be. I hate that, too.
    Thanks for you help.

    bb, Dec 20, 2005
  4. bb

    bb Guest

    I found a wav file but how do I attach it to my sounds folder (in control
    panel) so that when I get mail it will sound? TIA

    bb, Dec 20, 2005
  5. So, is it in some sort of format that you can extract it and Import into
    the installation on the new drive?
    Press F11 and/or drag the corners of the window to the size you like.
    Basic Windows stuff.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2005
  6. bb

    bb Guest

    Yes, it is but since I didn't do the actual install, I don't know how to
    import my info. Thanks for the F11. I'm rather new and nothing is too
    "basic" to me yet. Thanks for your patience.
    bob

    bb, Dec 20, 2005
  7. bb

    YammyYamison Guest

    Go to Start, then select Control Panel, double click on "Sounds and Audio
    Devices", then select the Sounds tab. Under the Windows area, select New
    Mail Notification, then click on the browser button and locate the .wav
    file, then just doublclick on that, then OK.

    That should assign your .wav file to the New Mail Notification event.

    Hope that helps.

    YammyYamison, Dec 20, 2005
  8. bb

    YammyYamison Guest

    Sorry I meant select the browse button not browser :)

    YammyYamison, Dec 20, 2005
  9. Did the person who installed the OS also export your current data from
    the old drive? If so, you might want to ask hir how this was done. E.g.,
    did s/he use the Outlook Express Export wizards for your mail and
    address book? To a saved file on a CD?

    If that was done, you need to use the Import wizard to put it back in
    the new installation.

    It has been eons since I used OE; there may not be any way to
    export/import a blocked sender list or message rules. Anyway, if you are
    using blocked senders to combat spam, it is a wasted effort as spammers
    never use the same address twice, and frequently use the address of a
    victim in their FROM fields.

    Oh, please reply inline or beneath the quoted material; this is Usenet,
    not email. Thanks.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2005
  10. bb

    bb Guest

    Thanks so much for your kind and helpful reply.
    bob

    bb, Dec 20, 2005
  11. bb

    bb Guest

    Sorry, I'm doing this wrong....how do I reply "inline"? Yes, he did export
    the data onto a little machine he brought with him. I had the idea he was
    just copying all my hard drive onto his machine and then he took it with
    him. Does that mean he can go look at my entire cache of personal
    information? Don't know why he would care. I don't know what Import Wizard
    is, so don't know if he used it.
    bob

    bb, Dec 20, 2005
  12. I am replying inline. That is, not *above* the quoted text.

    Press the DownArrow to get below the quoted text before you begin
    typing. In fact, if several subjects are mentioned, split them up as I
    have done here. Use the arrow and Enter key to make spaces. Leave an
    extra line of white space between quotes and replies.
    Well, if he copied your entire drive to his computer, then I would
    suggest you contact him and ask for your data back. :) If he has it,
    he is who you should be dealing with.
    If your mail and addresses are not on your new drive, then he did not
    bother to import your data. Now, that is puzzling.

    OE Menu:
    File > Import > (several choices on submenu)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 20, 2005