    before. Windows XP won't do him any good if he can't run the updates and
    service packs. Any tips/suggestions/ideas/etc. would be greatly
    appreciated.

    loneshewolf, Nov 11, 2003

  2. loneshewolf

    HF Guest

    Memory is not a hard drive. Memory is random access and is where programs
    are loaded each time your PC is booted. The hard drive is where they are
    permanently whether your PC is powered up or not. If too much is loaded into
    memory on booting then you will get to be 'short of memory'. Have a read
    on www.computerhope.com HF

    HF, Nov 11, 2003

  3. loneshewolf

    loneshewolf Guest

    He has 768MB RAM on his computer, I guess I should have been more specific
    and said drive space...sorry.

    loneshewolf, Nov 11, 2003
  4. loneshewolf

    Thor Guest

    The problem is that he is using 2GB partitions. He will need to repartition
    the drive to give Windows more space. 2GB partition sizes are really
    inadequate. Either use the Windows XP setup program to wipe out some of the
    other partitions, and then consolidate the space for the boot partition, or
    wipe the entire drive, and put all the space into one FAT32, or NTFS
    partition, or use a program like partition magic to consolidate the
    partitions without destroying the existing data. Either way, he needs a
    partition larger than 2GB.

    Thor, Nov 11, 2003
  5. loneshewolf

    loneshewolf Guest

    Thanks for the info, I guess it's just hard to believe that one program
    would take up that much drive space. :)

    loneshewolf, Nov 11, 2003
  6. loneshewolf

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    If you play any PC games, Unreal Tournament 2003 takes > 3 gigs of space,
    and the original (unpatched) install of Final Fantasy XI (the online only
    MMORPG game) has a 6 GB installation, plus all the new updates.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 12, 2003