    "Apps" are mostly games.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 27, 2012

  2. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    Pink Floyd produced and album called A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

    Ask yourself Geo, if someone came knocking at you door, and you did not know
    them, as in *trust* them, what would your response be.

    Mine is, Who are you, and why are you here? Cols calling is better respsoned
    to with a *No*.

    Gordon, Oct 28, 2012

  3. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    Clif, are you all right? Really.

    Apps is the new word for applications, read programmes.

    I find it strange that people now are called by their first full names, if
    Gen Y. William cf. Bill.

    Gordon, Oct 28, 2012
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    People don't come here without a good reason. We are down a long ROW.
    Somebody did come once though wanting us to change out electricity supplier.

    We get plenty of junk phone calls though, even though we are on the "no
    calls" list. So if anyone phones, we know they are not a legitimate caller.
    Usually they are selling some mad financial scheme!

    Geopelia, Oct 28, 2012
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thanks
    I don't play games, except Tetris. I wouldn't have time for all those
    elaborate "car race" type games, anyway.
    I haven't tried this Angry Birds that everybody seems to play.
    I have quite enough real birds, angry or otherwise, visiting the garden!

    Geopelia, Oct 28, 2012
  6. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
    device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
    variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
    at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
    all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 28, 2012

  7. You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..

    Frank Williams, Oct 29, 2012
  8. .. but ... does need an interweb thngy connection for (IIRC) "updates and
    registration" ? I have seen it for PC, so presumably it can be mouse driven
    as well. :)
    [/QUOTE]

    No there is a Free one with Adds

    Frank Williams, Oct 29, 2012
  9. Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
    device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
    variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
    at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
    all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.[/QUOTE]

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 29, 2012
  10. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    .. but ... does need an interweb thngy connection for (IIRC) "updates and
    registration" ? I have seen it for PC, so presumably it can be mouse driven
    as well. :)
    [/QUOTE]
    Yes, but it doesn't play quite as well without a touch screen.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 29, 2012
  11. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Roger, I know that. I said "it won't work that well".

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 29, 2012

  12. Works 100% on my PC with a gaming mouse

    Frank Williams, Oct 29, 2012
  13. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    How do you know if your mouse can game? Mine's a Longitech RX 300 that moves
    an arrow.
    It works all right on Code Cracker.

    Geopelia, Oct 29, 2012
  14. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    I don't think it is the kind of game I would like.

    Geopelia, Oct 29, 2012
  15. Roger/wrong ... tautology ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 29, 2012
  16. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Sure it *works*. But I've tried it both ways and it is more playable on
    a touch screen.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 29, 2012
  17. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Might depend at least partly on what kind of gamer you are ?
    I hate real time ... but some people love it. What works well for someone on
    a touch screen might be better with a mouse for others ? :)
    [/QUOTE]
    Maybe, though I suspect not.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 29, 2012
  18. Sure it *works*. But I've tried it both ways and it is more playable on
    a touch screen.[/QUOTE]

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 30, 2012