    I am using Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. It was 1st time rebooted about 6 months ago after few years of purchase. After reboot, it was working fine.

    However, 2 days ago I switched off at night as normal and when I switched on in the next day morning, I were shocked to see laptop was excatly in new mode (it was automatically rebooted and came into blank mode due to which I lost all files which were in desktop and my documents). After spending sometimes, luckily, I managed to find find back up in C:local disk. But again, yesterday I switched off in the night and switched on this morning and again laptop came back to blank and rebooted mode and lost all files which I could see yesterday. I am really worried as I have had all my course work from university. Can anyone help how to locate these files and how to stop this happening with laptop.

    Thanks in advance for great help.

    ma_pari9, Apr 3, 2010

  2. ma_pari9

    zeeshan_2011

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    you switched off laptop in a right way.

    zeeshan_2011, Apr 6, 2010

  3. ma_pari9

    kristain

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    United States
    RE : Lost all files from laptop

    By taking backup and restore, you can create the safe copies of the most important files.

    kristain, Apr 19, 2010
  4. ma_pari9

    mikus

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    LA
    Use Erd Commander, You Fool!

    mikus, Apr 20, 2010
  5. ma_pari9

    johndept1

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    how can it possible.

    johndept1, Apr 28, 2010
  6. ma_pari9

    plus2plus

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    By taking System Restore, you can backup all file.

    plus2plus, Apr 29, 2010