    same-named profile name it said it already existed!
    WTF happened? I have windows 98 SE. I'm writing this with T-bird even
    though the "new" mozilla appears to work ok.

    tuner, Mar 3, 2005

  2. tuner

    Splibbilla Guest

    tuner <> in
    news:xTuVd.314422$:

    > I went from mozilla 1.7.3 to 1.7.4 and I lost all emails and
    > bookmarks.
    > I seem to remember this happening before with mozilla. My browser
    > went from a sleek, custom beauty to an ancient square-looking piece of
    > shit...and yet "about" said it was 1.7.4 even though it looked like
    > 1.0.
    > "Manage profiles" doesn't work...the profile name I had previously
    > used
    > was in the window apparently available but when I went to bring it up
    > it said it didn't exist or something. Then when I went to create the
    > same-named profile name it said it already existed!
    > WTF happened? I have windows 98 SE. I'm writing this with
    > T-bird even
    > though the "new" mozilla appears to work ok.

    i had to reinstall 1.7.3 once or twice. the second time, i "forced" it to find existing profiles. (i'd used teh same name for folders as
    i used for profile names. not sure if that helped teh program, but it helped me.) I didn't have to slap it around for too long, and it
    worked.

    FWIW, I'm using non standard paths to profiles, because the default path,
    c:\blah blah\blah blah\applicatoin blah blah\ data blah blah\ Let's take a tiddle toodle walkie around teh globe\has anyone seen
    my spectacles\i'm sure i left them on teh boudoiur armoire\next to teh davenport\
    is ridiculously long.

    more recetnly, i went to 1.7.5 from 1.7.3,
    When installing 1.7.5, it found the profiles.

    --
    1 WinXp,Ff1.0.1GoogleBar, Sage
    2 WinMe, Moz1.7.5Gecko/20041217, all profiles: GoogleBar/XPI-rimental,PrefBar,bugmenot,,, and???CopyURL, IEView.

    Splibbilla, Mar 3, 2005

  3. tuner

    tuner Guest

    Splibbilla wrote:

    > more recetnly, i went to 1.7.5 from 1.7.3,
    > When installing 1.7.5, it found the profiles.

    Thanks bub, I'll try 1.7.5 and if that doesn't work I'll use desktop
    google to find the shit.

    tuner, Mar 5, 2005