    available on the site, however, I cannot find my laptop model (CPQ Presario
    2500, 2548EA).

    I was wondering if I contact compaq, will they send me out a complete set?

    tim, Dec 27, 2003

  2. tim

    Budweiser Guest

  3. tim

    Mara Guest

  4. tim

    Patrick Guest

    This link may be usefull;
    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=c00029738

    or short link; http://tinyurl.com/za4r

    Patrick, Dec 28, 2003
  5. tim

    ñKs Guest

    ñKs, Dec 28, 2003
  6. tim

    tim Guest

    Thanks for the link.

    I've looked at this before, and as mentioned before, my model isn't listed.

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  7. tim

    tim Guest

    Thanks for the 1st link, which is the shorter link to that provided by
    Budweiser. And the remaining links I take it is for Budweiser benefit.

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  8. tim

    tim Guest

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  9. tim

    tim Guest

    Thanks for the link.

    However, there is no listing of my model.

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  10. tim

    Budweiser Guest

    check again
    from the link
    download drivers and updates
    click that

    as a thought----have you reinstalled the burning software?the drivers may be
    held within that---or is that lost also?

    Budweiser, Dec 28, 2003
  11. tim

    tim Guest

    ok I will double check it again just in case I over looked something. Will
    let you know.

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  12. tim

    tim Guest

    ok, sorry for sounding so stupid.

    I click on the link
    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/docume...rodId=compaqpres385154&docName=c00042629.html

    Three options: (1) download driver updates from HP and compaq (2) download
    drivers, software and updates from microsoft (3) get updates from the
    company that made the software.

    I assume its gonna be (1) that I select. It takes me down a page, and I
    select the link it provides. Click on "download drivers and software" and
    enter my model "2548EA". Next it shows a lost of compaq Presario models, to
    which I assume you look for the model. This is where I cannot find my model
    (Compaq Presario 2500 series, model 2548EA), there is no 2548EA model
    listed, nearest is 2548AP or 2549EA? Now looking at the list of software
    available, I can not see anything that is related to the DVD/CDRW i.e.
    enable the laptop to detect the DVD/CDRW drive.

    Yes, the burning software CDs are also lost :(

    I've installed Easy CD 6, but it cannot burn only read CDs. In fact the
    DVD/CDRW can only read CDs and cannot burn.

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  13. tim

    Budweiser Guest

    Budweiser, Dec 28, 2003
  14. tim

    ñKs Guest

    Windows should detect the dvd drive, there is no additonal software need to
    detect...

    ñKs, Dec 28, 2003
  15. tim

    tim Guest

    At the moment the DVD/CDRW is able to read CDs/DVD and not able to CDRW.

    tim, Dec 28, 2003
  16. tim

    Kráftéé Guest

    You have installed all the relavent patches from Microsoft, haven't you.
    There are a couple which could make a difference...

    Kráftéé, Dec 28, 2003
  17. tim

    tim Guest

    ohhhh.....nope I haven't actually......didn't cross my mind.

    tim, Dec 29, 2003