    When i now go into xp all i have is one 40Gb drive, i went back in
    installing xp again & deleted the partion but now it shows i have two
    'unpartioned' partions. How do i get it back to one unpartioned partion ????

    Gerry, Jun 12, 2005

  2. Gerry

    Robert Baer Guest

    1) If you want an 80Gbyte partition, do: a) use FDISK to delete all non-DOS
    partitions; b) wipe the drive.
    In both cases, re-format/install XP.
    2) If you want 2 partitions like you had intended, use option (a) or (b) above
    and with some utility like PartitionMagic, split the drive and try not
    formatting either one of them at that time.
    When installing XP, it presumably will see the 2 partitions and ask what you
    want - tell it that you want the first partition formatted and XP installed on
    that one.
    I would think that this will work (is OK with Win2K), and if so, then the
    problem remainimg is to somehow format the second partition.
    The reason for delaying the formatting, is to present the rawest possible
    drive image to XP, in order to give it the greatest chance of presenting the
    maximum of possible options.

    Since i do not have, XP,this is the best i can say.

    Robert Baer, Jun 12, 2005