    data.

    Any clues? TIA,

    Terry

    Terry Orchard, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Terry Orchard

    Mike S. Guest

    The code is derived from JPEGTRAN, a utility from the JPEG Group which
    offers an "-optimize" option in the command list. From the original
    description I think it optimizes the structure of the Huffman tables to
    provide more efficient coding and smaller file size. The actual content of
    the bitmap image is not changed.

    From the docs:

    -optimize
    Perform optimization of entropy encoding parameters. Without
    this, default encoding parameters are used. -optimize usually
    makes the JPEG file a little smaller, but at the price of
    slower compression. Note that -progressive implies -optimize.

    Mike S., Nov 11, 2003

  3. Thanks!

    Terry Orchard, Nov 11, 2003
  4. See also http://jpegclub.org/jpegcrop/