    a massive EMP as all the cell phones and digital cameras were
    activated.
    Like the Big Flush at the Super Bowl half time.

    irwell, Jan 17, 2008

  2. irwell

    Paul Heslop Guest

    and where did you hear or read this?

    Paul Heslop, Jan 17, 2008

  3. irwell

    Marty Fremen Guest

    Actually it was that the flight computer had chosen that moment to reboot
    itself after automatically installing a Windows XP update.

    Marty Fremen, Jan 17, 2008
  4. irwell

    Guest Guest

    And, Bloody Hell, why does anyone think this pertains to rec.photo.digital?

    Guest, Jan 18, 2008
  5. irwell

    Pete D Guest

    Well it would if you got a photo of it.

    Pete D, Jan 18, 2008
  6. irwell

    Paul Bartram Guest

    More likely he didn't have another 10p for the meter...

    Paul

    Paul Bartram, Jan 18, 2008
  7. irwell

    Paul Heslop Guest

    well, he mentioned cameras etc :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jan 18, 2008
  8. Spamm Trappe wrote:
    []
    Did you miss the recent thread entitled: Digital Photography On Aircraft
    Not Permitted on Take Off or Landing

    I was just waiting for the first person to suggest a relation with the
    Boeing 777 incident.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 18, 2008
  9. irwell

    Martin Brown Guest

    In that context it is interesting to note that the BBC last night
    broadcast a section of a home video (looked very much like it was from
    a digital camcorder) of the normal approach path into London Heathrow.
    It is on UTube somewhere according to the credits given on the news
    bulletin.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Jan 18, 2008
  10. Yes, I noticed that as well. I wonder if the photographer got permission?
    I also saw a home video of another incident where an aircraft wing clipped
    a catering lorry. Let me see if I can find that....

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 18, 2008