    The problem happens with Windows XP Pro / Word 2002, and also with Windows
    98 SE / Word 2000.

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Nov 17, 2004

  2. John R. Baker

    why? Guest

    It's an MS Office issue, use www.google.com there are several answers
    depending on what your requirements are for retaining color depth / file
    format / printer etc.
    Me

    why?, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Oh Lord! You mean it's a "Feature"?

    I just spent some time Googling and in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but to
    no avail. It's late, and I have to get up early. I'll resume looking
    tomorrow. Thanks for the "heads up".

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Curiosity kept me going...

    One work-around is to export the word document as a web page. That way,
    each graphic is saved as an individual jpeg file. Of course, there is some
    corresponding loss of quality. See
    http://thedesignspace.net/MT2archives/000027.php . (Thank you, Google!)

    There's GOT to be a better way. (Better = No loss in quality!)

    I'll keep looking.

    - John R. Baker

    John R. Baker, Nov 17, 2004
  5. John R. Baker

    why? Guest

    Of course it is. It's only part of the thought and care put into MS
    Office, remember also Paint is so basic as well..

    I know I have seen this in some PC magazine Q & A sections. These match
    some keywords I used however I haven't read the articles.

    Office 2003/2002 article for starters.
    WD2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=243964

    Some general comments on importing and image quality.

    http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6129-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=38339&messageID=449551

    http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/eac/knowledgebaseAnswer/0,295199,sid63_gci973018,00.html

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/021/021.htm

    http://www.acornnmr.com/NutsHelp/copy.html

    http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/policy/graphics_standards.asp

    http://www.tecplot.com/showcase/contours/issue_13/article04.htm

    Try the MS Word/Office newsgroups, and sites like
    http://www.kbalertz.com/
    http://www.primeconsulting.com/annoyances/

    Me

    why?, Nov 17, 2004